I Bandi
2007 harvest
Organic red Montecucco DOC wine

Produced in : Civitella Paganico (Gr)
Grapes: Sangiovese, Merlot and Tuscan Colorino
Year: 2007
Number of bottles produced: 3500
Vineyard: Podere I Bandi
Planted in: 2002
Exposure: South / South- East, 100 metres above sea level
Terrain: clay soil with frequent skeleton
Training system: double Guyot; 4750 plants per hectare
Yield per hectare: 58 quintals
Harvest: grapes are hand-picked
Fermentation: In Slavonia oak-wood tonneaux and steel tubs
Refinement: In Slavonia oak-wood tonneaux and steel tubs
Bottling: early September 2008
Costs: € 6 per 0.75 litre bottle

Comments: Podere I Bandi 2006 wine is made with the fruit of Sangiovese, Merlot and Colorino Toscano vines in the third year of production.
Our vineyards are strictly organic (certified ICEA); only copper and sulphur are used, and only when necessary. No chemical weed-killers are used, and the soil is treated mechanically and manually, without chemicals.
The clusters are thinned in July, to limit the yield to about 1 kg. per plant.
Harvest is exclusively manual, with a very attentive in-vineyard selection; grapes are gathered into crates of about 20 kilos each and transferred to the cellars within a couple of hours for immediate processing.
60% of the grapes are fermented in 35 hectolitre Slovenia oak barrels at the first year of use, to obtain a structured wine, and the remaining 40% are fermented in steel to enhance the fruity nuances.
Refinement is done through 10 months in barrels of Slovenia oak and 500 litre casks.

 

Tenuta di Paganico Società Agricola Spa Via della Stazione 10 Paganico (Gr) 58048 P.Iva e CF 00100000538  


NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it. Learn more

I understand